MOODY — The city council voted to complete its contract for paving in the Springview subdivision at its regular meeting Monday.
The council unanimously approved the work, which cost a total of $76,558.74. More than $64,000 of that came out of bond money, and the remaining balance went to pay for a change order and an engineering fee.
Mayor Joe Lee said the city has already accepted the streets in the subdivision and will be responsible for keeping them to city standards.
In other business, the council:
• Approved a 30-day notice of termination for Alabama Court Systems.
• Approved the city’s annual contract with the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Department for central dispatch and Emergency Management Agency services, for $74,173 and $1,230.25, respectively.
• Approved $3,000 for the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program.
• Approved $2,246.91 for a hydraulic pump for a John Deere Tractor.
• Approved purchase of four tires for $431.96.
• Approved the citywide Clean-Up Week April 20-27, in coordination with the state of Alabama’s “Don’t Drop it On Alabama” week.
• Approved the minutes of the Jan. 14 and Dec. 10 regular meetings.